Thursday, June 2, 2016

Southie - Berkeley, CA

Southie

http://southieoakland.com

Sister restaurant to its neighbor Wood Tavern. Southie serves up the more casual sandwich fare of that of Wood Tavern.

Terrible picture of the front from across the street...sorry ya'll

 Busy interior with a small amount of table seating. There is, however, window and bar seating which is just as welcoming. 

MUSHROOM SOUP
Very thick mushroom soup with some creme fraiche drizzled. You like mushroom? You should get this.  

LAMB ROULADE: Pickled Persian cucumbers, arugula, piquillo peppers, tzatziki, Acme deli roll 
I wanted to get this because I felt I need some more protein and I love me some tzatziki. I've never had lamb in such a form but it was decent. Not too heavily spiced but a little dry. The bread was a little hard to get through as time went on but I ate what I could because I really like Acme Bread in general :) 

PAN FRIED MORTADELLA: Fontina, romaine lettuce, green olives, pepperoncinis, pickled red onion, mustard aioli, Acme deli roll
Mortadella tastes like a smoother, high end bologna, which means it's still salty. It was a bit too much for me, but my dining partner was satisfied. 

Both sandwiches came with a side of Cape Cod Kettle Chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment